Wednesday 11 November 2009

Caring Christmas Trees

The past few weeks have been take up with the Trees project. I have learnt lots and much is groundwork for the next years. The response has been fantastic with lots of demand for flyer's. The challenge is now seeing the tree sales hit our targets. There are 196 volunteer positions over the weekend and over 25% of these have been filled already.

Part of my desire to run this tree project is that I wanted our profile to rise. This initiative has given us the opening into many schools and offices. I overheard one person expressing "this gives me an easy way of telling people at work what my church is doing". Also we have sent out a press release to a number of publications. We are hopeful for a number of media openings.

Also next week the Jericho Road Project is on the shortlist for an Inspire Award. Andy, Theresa and myself are attending the ceremony in Westminster.

No comments:

Followers