Saturday 30 October 2010

The Allen's new house - fox hunting in the city!

I have had a couple of days off this week which has given me the chance to familiarise myself with my new house - actually our rented new house, which is the wonderful opportunity given by a friend of ours to live in his lovely house for many years. We moved in about a month ago. During this week we have had lots of visitors to stay, so far 6 adults and 10 children - although not all at the same time! Although we did have at least 22 children at the same time last Saturday afternoon as our oldest 2 children had a house warming party. It was the noisiest thing that will ever happen in this house!

But one mystery I had to solve this week was how fresh animal poop was appearing in the shed at the bottom of the garden. At least I really hoped it was animal!

So yesterday I took everything out and found the hole at the back of the shed where the foxes were entering what they obviously considered to be their toilet! Thankfully there is enough wood inside the shed to build another shed and so with my limited DIY skills even I was able to stop the animal invasion. I was very pleased with my efforts or at least I will be if I don't walk into the shed today and smell the foul odour of more fox poop.

Having said that I will probably experience the foul smell on someones shoe today. The foxes use our front door step as their other toilet as i found out in the dark yesterday morning, well actually I found out much later in the morning but when I trod in it, it was still dark!

Which all proves that the fox needs a natural predator and I have come to conclusion that the humans need to show some backbone and resist these evil creatures.

Obviously cute baby foxes tumbling and playing in the garden are exempt from the slaughter!

1 comment:

Will said...

Hi Simon, I hope your DIY had the required effect. See you soon!

Followers