Saturday 4 December 2010

Getting my inner washer fixed!

On Monday I go into hospital for a long awaited knee operation. I am having a reconstruction of my ACL (acruciate ligament) and repairs to my cartilage, apparently I have damage to the inner washer! The ACL damage was a football injury and the inner washer damage in my cartilage was done whilst fielding in a family cricket match. Here are some of my thoughts.

I cycled home yesterday and thought it may be many months before I am cycling again and that is a sad thought.

It is odd not knowing how much I will be able to do after the operation. I know I will be on crutches for at least 6 weeks but I don't know whether I am winding down for the Christmas holidays or if this a pause before the storm of Christmas activities.

I am really glad to be having the operation during the dark winter months and then hopefully I will be running, cycling and swimming in the summer. I would love to be able to go camping and mountain climbing in the Easter holidays.

In the meantime I will adapt to a different pattern of life at home and work. There is always much to learn and I will look forward to what God has for me during the weeks of recovery. There will be less rushing, I will need to invest more time in people and then delegate, I will try to read more and of course I will enjoy England's tour of Australia!

No comments:

Followers