Monday 31 January 2011

31st January 2011!!

It is 2 years ago that I broke my Anterior Crutiate ligament (ACL) in a football match.
It is 6 weeks since my operation to replace the ACL.
It is my Dad's 65th birthday.
It is the day my son went away for a week to a mountaineering centre in Mid Wales with School.
It is the day when we finally completed Rebekah's tax return.

Other than that it has been a lovely day off on a beautiful January day. We celebrated my Dad's 65th by taking him to Ikea, which is almost as big a treat for him as taking him to Wickes or Screwfix would have been but they don't provide Breakfast! The Allens know how to celebrate in style!

Rebekah and I then had a noodle meal to mark the completion of the tax return.

But an added treat to the day has been listening to Andy Kyte (son of Malcolm who works in the same office as I do) who has his debut single out next Monday called 'Your time has come'. Andy did a gig on a Sunday night at King's Church last year and I loved it! Let's get him back! Have a look at his website to find out more.

So it has been a very satisfying 31st January and I am going out later to meet a friend of mine from Bedford who is working in London today.

No comments:

Followers