Wednesday 2 February 2011

Life in Catford - On the buses 2

Well, I am still not allowed to cycle or drive. Hopefully on Thursday I will be given the green light to get back on a bike (and start driving), in the meantime I have borrowed a training bike to strengthen my knee. However to get about I am still using the buses a lot. So here a few more observations -

There are many languages are spoken in the world and most are spoken in the buses of Catford.

Sometimes I am the only white person on the bus. I suddenly become very conscious of the colour of my skin.

The bus is great way to meet old friends and make new ones!

One evening a man, who I did not know, sat next to me with his can of
Tennants super strong, he says "you'll have to put up with me for a few
stops."

I introduce myself, he tells me his name.

He tells me he is off to a friends for a bit of herbal happiness.

I tell him I'm off to King's Church.

He tells me that they run the Feast at King's Church.

I ask him if he has ever been - he says no but his friend goes. He tells me her life story. So then I told him that I run the Feast.

So as you can see I will miss my bus adventure, miss bumping into Bob the Big issue salesman, miss bumping into the man who crashed his car into a parked car near my house. Although I won't miss the over crowding or the times the bus driver will not pick you up because his bus is already overcrowded.

Instead I will return to cycling where I will try to go faster than the buses!!

No comments:

Followers